We specialize in building large custom estate homes throughout the Peninsula and Silicon Valley areas.
- Supervise day-to-day on-site field operations; open and close jobsite
- Supervise subcontractors, workers, and material deliveries
- Check subcontractors work and identify issues as they arise
- Schedule subcontractors, understanding sequencing and scope of work
- Maintain quality controls to Conrado quality standards
- Maintain logs and records related to project status and subcontractor performance
- Ensure safe working conditions
- Solve construction issues as they arise
- Weekly team meetings: Field technical questions; take notes for project manager; source materials for design team as needed; participate as needed by project manager
- Project Manager interface: Partner with project manager to get project built to Conrado quality standards as efficiently as possible; assist project manager with field estimates as needed; assist project manager with billing questions and subcontractor payments
- On-site client interface: Interact, answer questions, and communicate with client professionally; work-out finish details with client and architectural team.
- Knowledge of all trades, and level of quality expected.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, plans, and specifications.
- Through understanding of local building codes
- Ability to stand inspections, communicate and negotiate with inspectors
- Proactive driver, pushing project along efficiently – very “hands-on” Ability to follow and meet schedules: Understand critical path scheduling; understand how today’s decisions effect project results
- Understand finances of the project
- Ability to supervise multiple custom home construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to see big picture
- When needed, able to ask for help
- Positive attitude and energy; optimistic and realistic
- Team player
- High personal integrity
- Excellent communicator
- Know nuances of Conrado Construction project –schedule, issues
- Head needs to be “in the game” on project
- Technical expert, finding real world solutions
- Proactively identify issues and solve them before they become larger problems
- Willing to jump in and solve problems and issues personally
- Ownership and accountability for outcomes on projects
- Out of the box thinker, offering uncommon solutions
- Know when to escalate issues to a higher level
- Oversee your subcontracting team
- Coach your team; motivate them
- Most of your time is in the field –planning, checking, solving problems
- Professional, communicative, and get things done
- Keep projects on schedule and built to high quality standards
- Work thru & solve problems before they get to next level
- Intercept issues, solve, and communicate what you are doing to project manager
- Find solutions, and don’t focus on who is to blame. Look forward, not back