We specialize in building large custom estate homes throughout the Peninsula and Silicon Valley areas.
Position Qualifications and Objectives
- Review production costs and budgets, cost tracking, progress reports, and set construction timetables for projects. Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, which construction techniques are best, and plan a strategy for completion.
- Determine and obtain necessary permits and licenses. Meet with municipal officials in planning and zoning, building, or water and sewer departments. Apply for special permits during construction. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations. Coordinate and stand inspections.
- Prepare contracts and negotiates revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors. Direct and supervise all laborers and subcontractors and obtain progress updates from subcontractors. Requisition all supplies and materials.
- Develop and implement quality control programs. Reduce length of project punch list through implementation of quality-control measures during course of construction. Take action to deal with delays, bad weather, or emergencies. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays to ensure proper procedure implementation.
- Confer regularly with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve issues, provide project status updates, manage material selection and ordering, and discuss any adjustments to the project budget. Prepare weekly progress reports for clients and project team.
- Learn and fully adopt Conrado’s systems and procedures, including procedures for project notes and maintaining complete project records. Be familiar with Sage 100 Contractor, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project software.
The right candidate will have a firm understanding of all phases of custom home construction and possess knowledge of each trade to accurately direct job progress. The candidate selected for this position should have 10 years of experience in residential construction and experience in the custom home industry is a definite plus. Professionals with four-year degrees in construction management, architecture, engineering, etc. will be given additional consideration.