Whole Home Remodeling: Turning a House You Like into A Home You Love
Do you love where you live, but your house just doesn’t measure up? Are you looking to make a change to your existing home, but don’t know where to start? Does the prospect of building a new home from scratch sound overwhelming? Whether it’s changing around a home you already own, or building something completely new over an existing structure you plan to buy, custom home remodeling is the perfect way to achieve the look and feel you want.
At Conrado Home Builders, we specialize in whole-home remodeling projects that can help turn your dream into reality. From interior consultations that determine the functionality of your space, to exterior renovations for increased curb appeal and efficiency, we have the expertise to tailor our services to fit your needs. Call us if whole home remodeling sounds like it might solve your housing needs..
What is Whole Home Remodeling?
Whole home remodeling refers to making changes to your entire home, not just one room or area. This type of project is extensive and gives you the opportunity to create a home that fits your needs exactly.
When it comes to remodeling your home, there are a lot of factors to consider. The most important thing is to figure out what you want differently and why? From there, you can start to plan your project accordingly. Some people want to revamp the home they have lived in for years due to changes in their situation or added family requirements. Others want to buy a piece of property, but an existing structure requires them to remodel instead of building something from scratch.
If you’re not sure where to start, consider talking to the professionals at Conrado Home Builders. We can help you figure out what’s possible and give you great ideas for how to improve the function and layout of your home.
The Benefits of Whole Home Remodeling
There are many benefits to whole home remodeling, but the three main benefits are: 1) this may be a better value than building from scratch, 2) improving your family’s quality of life, and 3) making your home more energy-efficient.
- May be Better Value than Building from Scratch: Why discard a home’s existing foundation and site services if they are adequate for a new home in your area? An existing home’s components have value, and you can reuse those parts that meet today’s codes and your new design layout.
- Improving Your Family’s Quality of Life: A whole home remodel can improve your family’s quality of life in several ways. When your family situation changes, your home can be changed to match it. You can also improve other aspects of the home, such as the air filtration system, providing a safer environment for your family to live in.
- Making Your Home More Energy-Efficient: A whole home remodel allows you to make your house more energy-efficient. For example, you can use a stronger envelope on the outside of your home during the rebuild process, reducing temperature changes and minimizing the costs of keeping your home comfortable. You can also add options like solar panels and new technology that provide extra efficiency to your property.
Best Customizations to Make During a Whole Home Remodel
Since you are going to be taking an existing structure down to a fraction of what was there, now is a great time to look at what customizations you should make. Here are some that work well, provide value, and give you the flexibility to help now and into your future:
- Add full insulation around the entire home. Since you are taking the home down to the studs in most cases, now is the ideal time to add insulation everywhere in the structure.
- Replace old materials no longer used today. This process is also a great way to upgrade old building materials. It was common to use some materials in the past that have since been found to be dangerous, like asbestos insulation around pipes. By doing a whole home remodel, you can ensure the materials within your home are safe.
- Bring beauty to a new level. Your home is your sanctuary, so you should design it to be just that. Consider adding in items like live-edge islands, full walls of windows to maximize the views, and natural materials that give you a sense of bringing the outdoors in.
Take the time to look at a whole home remodel as a fantastic opportunity to upgrade your home aesthetically and functionally on all levels. Don’t be afraid to create the home of your dreams. We will work with you, guide you based on your desires and our experience, and help you get the exact home you want and need.
Why Whole Home Remodeling Makes Sense
There are many reasons to consider whole home remodeling services, especially if you live in an area like the Peninsula where there are few open or new lots available for building. Remodeling your existing home is often the best option to get a new, custom home that fits your specific needs and wants.
Some of the benefits of working with a company that does whole home remodeling like Conrado Home Builders include:
- The ability to customize your home to fit your specific needs.
- The peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is being remodeled by experienced professionals.
- Adding in sustainability to your current home.
- Improving the efficiency of the home.
- The assurance that your home will be updated to the latest building codes and standards.
- Upgrade the air quality within your home.
If you’re considering whole home remodeling services, let Conrado Home Builders help you and your home.
FAQs About Remodeling with Conrado Home Builders
Q: What is the process for remodeling with Conrado Home Builders?
A: We typically start with a preconstruction consultation to get an idea of what you are looking for in your remodel. From there, we will work with your architect to develop a plan and design that fits your needs. Once the plans are finalized, we will get to work on your home, asking for your feedback while also keeping you updated throughout the process.
Q: Can I customize my remodel?
A: Absolutely! We want your home to be exactly what you want it to be. We will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your vision becomes a reality.
Q: Can I live in my House while it is Being Remodeled?
A: No, a whole house remodel removes all electrical, plumbing, windows, roofing and heating from your existing home. Some foundation and framing may remain, but the home itself is a shell at best. Find a nice, secure place to live while we transform your home.
Q: How long does a typical remodel take?
A: The length of time for a remodel can vary depending on the size and scope of the project. However, we will always work as efficiently as possible to minimize disruptions to your home life. If you want a better understanding of the timeline to expect, call us with the details of your project, and we can narrow down the timeline a bit more.
Q: What if I need to make changes during the remodel?
A: No problem! We understand that things can come up and change during a project. Just let us know what you need and our team will do everything we can to accommodate.
Contact Conrado Home Builders Today for Whole Home Remodeling
If you’re considering a whole home remodel, contact Conrado Home Builders today. We specialize in custom whole home remodeling and can help you turn your house into a home you love.
We’ll work with you to create a home that fits your needs and your style, and we’ll coordinate every aspect of the remodel from start to finish. Contact Conrado Home Builders today to get started on your whole home remodel!