We specialize in building large custom estate homes throughout the Peninsula and Silicon Valley areas.
Our Estimator is an integral part of our sales and construction team. They nurture and maintain relationships with our subcontractors, while proactively and independently estimating the projected costs for our projects. Working with our executive team, and reporting to our Managing Director, our estimator prepares pre-construction conceptual, preliminary, and final budgets based on plans drawn by partnering architects. Once projects are commenced, our estimator partners with our project managers and construction team to clarify what was estimated and helps resolve any inconsistencies that arise.
- Manage all in-house estimating and subcontract administration.
- Analyze blueprints for challenging custom homes, coordinate the bid process including qualifying the subcontractor bids.
- Develop preliminary budgets – line item construction cost estimates based on plans, specifications, and comparative analysis of historic data. Suggest cost-effective alternatives with back up
- Increase subcontractor base by researching companies in surrounding areas – check references and review job site work. Devise orderly system that continually reevaluates and updates subcontractor base. Qualify new subcontractors to work for Conrado
- Maintain a system for active blueprints and archiving process
- Request and manage subcontractor proposals
- Set-up and manage subcontractor pre-bid walkthroughs
- Assist project managers with obtaining supplemental bids once construction has started
- Research new products and subcontractors
- Perform constructability reviews of plans and specs.
- Prepare complete and detailed scope of works for all construction trades with no “gaps.”
- Perform quantity take-offs, as necessary, with accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze quotations from subcontractors & suppliers for completeness & accuracy, negotiate pricing for completeness.
- Communicate with architects & consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and conflict resolution.
- Prepare final assembly of budget and specification documents for client presentation.
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to maintain a competitive advantage for Conrado.
- Propose and develop value (engineering) opportunities for presentation to the client and architect.
- Prepare and upload necessary documents for subcontractors to budget and bid from.
- Communication – attend strategic meetings with architects and clients.
- Luxury custom home building industry experience.
- Expert level proficiency reading and analyzing plans.
- Understanding of all phases of custom home construction and knowledge of each trade to accurately converse with subcontractors and write scopes of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and math skills, with organized approach to work process’.
- Familiarity with Sage Master Builder, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project software.